15 February 2013

Weekly Spotlight: Tanja at Ja čitam, a ti?

This is a weekly meme created by Auntie Spinelli Reads

This is out first WS and we chose someone we know. It's our dear friend Tanja. 


Meet Tanja!

Hello. My name is Tanja. Maybe you know me cause I'm a blogger over at Ja čitam, a ti?. These two lovely ladies invited me here today and wanted to ask me some questions. So I'll try to answer them (hopefully they won't be hard *wink*).

So how was it that you started reading YA novels or just simply novels in general?

For the YA you can mostly thank to GoodReads or better said Zemira. I met her a while ago on the GoodReads and she made me (yes made me) read VA. Trust me, you don't know how persuasive she can be ;) So anyway she introduced me to the other girls and now we are one happy gang. Needless to say VA became one of my favourite series and after that I've read any other YA that they put in front of me. And for the books in general - I don't know. It started with my love for The Little Prince and never stopped.

Which book are you reading currently? And how are you liking it?

I'm reading The Piper's Son. Yeah, took me a while. And for the second question - it's Melina, duh. :)

 What kind of books are you most into--Contemporary or Fantasy or Dystopian or Paranormal or Sci-fi?

I love all of them. There are periods when I only read Fantasy or Contemporary, but then maybe next one can be Dystopian and I'll still enjoy it so much. I really don't divide them that way - any book if it's well written and has that "something" can be my next favourite. 

 A book crush you wish was alive?

Of course my imaginary husband - Mr Aiden St. Delphi. 

A book world you'd love to live in?

Any fantasy world. I'd love to experience them all - even though I already did. I was in Hogwarts, Wonderland, Nevernever, Narnia... There is no place where my imagination cannot take me. 

 What are your thoughts about the growing plagiarism these days?

It's defeating. Honestly I'm afraid what will happen with our world. One of the reasons that I love this bookish world is the uniqueness of the bloggers. I've met plenty of them and they all contribute to this world by just being themselves. How that can be hard I really don't know. 

What would be your take if your work was plagiarized?

I'd mostly be sad. I'd try to sort that out if it's not going I'd let it go. I'm not a coward but simply I'm no a person who likes to argue. Especially if the person I argue with is rude and disrespectful. 

Any author in specific you wish you met?

Oh, the one and only - Carlos Ruiz Zafon. When it comes to him I'm speechless. Also many other YA authors - Maggie Stiefvater, Richelle Mead, Jennifer Armentrout,...

A movie adaptation of a book you're totally excited about? 

Zemira you for sure know which one...Vampire Academy!! Also I can't wait to see City of Bones, Divergent, The Night Circus and many others. 

A female character that you love the most?

Jeez I can name you like ten guys right away, but girls xD Rose my first kick-butt girl. I'll probably remember someone tonight and I will not sleep because of that :D 

Once again girls thank you for inviting me. It was a pleasure talking to you. 
*waves*


It was nice having you over,Tanja. Devyani chose the questions so all credit goes to her. 



4 comments: