07 July 2013

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon (Daily Updates & Wrap-up)


It's time for the fourth annual Once Upon a Read-a-Thon hosted by hosted by Angela & Loretta at Reading Angels, Candace at Candace’s Book Blog and Lori at Pure Imagination. This is the first time I'm participating in this readathon and the second time participating in any type of readathons. 

You can follow Once Upon a Read-a-Thon on twitter and use the hashtag #OUReadathon while tweeting to connect with other bloggers. There will also be a giveaway. $100 Amazon gift card or $100 worth of books from The Book Depository. Sound great, right?

Candace wrote a Suggestion Reads post and I'll use this one to do the same thing. I'm not sure if I'll have enough time to read as much as I did this past week (even though I didn't review any of those titles) so I'll set my goal pretty low. One or two books read because I don't think I can read more than 2 books in 2 days under pressure of the challenge. I'm well aware it's a fun thing to do but I always push myself to do better and I end up failing so no more of that. I'll try and stay away from ebooks and egalleys and read one of the books that's been sitting on my shelf for ages. But then again, I might change my mind and read on my ereader instead of picking one of those long forgotten hardcopies which are judging me from the high shelves in my room. 

I think I'm going to listen to Candace and my dear friend Tanja at Ja čitam, a ti? and  read one of Lisa Schroeder's books. I've got my eye on The Day Before since it came out but there was always something keeping me from reading it. 

Here are some contemporary novels I've been meaning to read but never did. Some are highly recommended and I KNOW they will be my cup of tea. The biggest problem I've had so far is choosing which one of them to read first. If only there was such thing as scooping them up and implanting them in my brain all at the same time. 



Click on the images to learn more about them.

Challenge Schedule

Monday 

1. Which book you are most excited to read in the coming year? It can be already released or coming soon.

I think I'm most excited about Thief by Tarryn Fisher. I'm not sure if it's going to be released this year, or the next. 

2. Which book would you re-read if you had the time and weren't so busy reading ALL of the other good thing?

I would like to re-read Nevermore by Kelly Creagh. It's one of those huge books where a lot of things happen. The sequel is sitting on my shelf and I would very much like to re-read some parts again, to refresh my memory.  

3. If you could meet any fictional character who would it be and why?

I can't decide between Rose from Vampire Academy and Warner from Shatter Me. I've been a fan of VA since I read the first book in 2009. There will never be a kick-ass character like her. As for Warner, ahem, I would like to meet him because I'm a little bit crazy about his green eyes. 


Participated in this challenge as well. Comment name Zemira Djedović. 

Books read/ing: Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning
Pages read: 594

Tuesday 

Which two books and 3 items would you bring with you if the apocalypse hit? 

What kind of question is this? How can I bring only two books?*cries* Assuming something like this could happen I would bring Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi and Vampire Academy by Queen Richelle Mead, or I would cheat and bring my ereader. I would also bring the Invisibility Cloak, my wand, to protect myself, of course and a backpack full of food. 
Make your dream guy using characteristics, personalities, looks, and anything else you can think of from your favorite book boyfriends.

I would pick Warner from Unravel Me. I know, *sigh* he seems to be in my every mini challenge. I just like him just as he is. He would be my perfect book boyfriend since I have a soft spot for blond, green-eyed men. 
If I had to make a whole new book boyfriend, without using Warner I would pick Adrian's hair, Caleb as the model, Tucker's devotion, Cassel's coolness factor, Barrons' sexy voice, Paul's understanding of life and Adam's music talent. 
Guys used:
Adrian - Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead
Caleb - The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher
Tucker - Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
Cassel - White Cat by Holly Black
Barrons - Fever series by Karen Marie Moning
Paul - How To Kill a Rock Star by Tiffanie DeBartolo
Adam - Where She Went by Gayle Forman


Books read/ing: The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder
Pages read: 307

Wednesday 

Dizneeee's World of Books
What's your favorite genrefavorite book within that genre, and your favorite character from the same genre?
favorite genre: YA contemporary
favorite YA contemporary book: Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
favorite YA contemporary character: hmmm... I would have to say Cricket Bell from Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins. *sigh* I will love him forever. Whenever I think of Cricket I get these sweet, magical feelings even though it's a contemporary novel. Seriously, if you haven't met this guy, you're missing out. 

Books read/ing: The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
Pages read: 320

Wrap-up

Books read: 3 Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning, The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder and The Distance Between Us by Kasie West. 
Pages read: 1221 ( Yay!  \O/)
Challenges completed: 5 out of 6. 
Favorite book read: This is easy. Shadowfever, hands down. Mac, Barrons, Dani, Christian and The Unseelie King were wonderful. 



12 comments:

  1. YES! I can't wait to see what you think of it!! :) Also we'll hopefully get enough time to read more books than we planed! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to get my hopes up. One or two books is enough for me. I don't have enough time to sit and read whole day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lemira you've got so many awesome books in your list! Good luck with your goals :D

    My #OUReadathon post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL I should probably change my signature. People are starting to call me Lemira. haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sadly I have not read any of the books listed in your post, but that is why I love read-a-thons, so many ideas and sharing! Thanks for participating in the Cover2CoverBlog Mini Challenge! Good luck during the read-a-thon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome answers for Monday and Tuesday! I love that you would bring and invisibility cloak and wand! How awesome are you!

    And Barron's sexy voice, completely amazing!!!

    I know I"m mean making you choose only 2 books, but hey, it could have been 1! Sorry! And good luck on your reading goals!

    ~Kristin @ Better Read Than Dead

    ReplyDelete
  7. Warner is delicious. :) I love him. I must say that I would definitely love to have that sexy hunk as my husband/boyfriend/soulmate. ;) I love your dream guy creation! I think I have to check out How To Kill a Rock Star and The Opportunist now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lemira I couldn't stop laughing when I read your Apocalypse list of items LOL great answers. I participated in this challenge too but I was boring and answered with practicality in mind which I wish I didn't, after reading your answers LOL

    My OUReadathon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eeeeh I totally forgot about adding Warner to my dream guy, how could I forget him? Zemira you're doing so fantastic with your reading goals so far! Good luck for tomorrow too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love that you mentioned Tucker. I love Tucker!!!
    Nice dream boy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lemira one of my all time favourite book is Jellicoe Road but unfortunately it's not my favourite genre so I couldn't answer this :( You should read Jessica Shirvington's Between The Lives, the synopsis doesn't sound great but it's absolutely beautiful and it had me in tears at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved Cricket, too! I can't wait to see him again in Isla! At least, I hope we get to see him and Lola for a moment. :)

    ReplyDelete