11 May 2014

Finally, Forever by Katie Kacvinsky

Finally, Forever by Katie Kacvinsky      
Publication date: May 9th 2014
My rating: 5 stars

College baseball player, Gray Thomas, had to go far out into left field to find a girl like Dylan, the ex-love-of-his-life. More than a year later, literally at a crossroads, they find each other together on a journey that is a pause between a painful past and an uncertain future. In this sexy and offbeat summer read, Gray and Dylan discover that a destination isn't always a place. More often, it's a person. Now it's time for them to finally decide, is this forever?


What a perfect book! I admire Katie Kacvinsky and must check her dystopian novels as soon as possible because there's no way they something other that great as well. 

It's been year and a half since Gray said goodbye to Dylan and released her. Now they meet again and of course nothing is going the way they planned. He's helping her find her pregnant sister which ran away from home with her older, stand up comedian boyfriend. On the way they had to deal with tornadoes, driving a robber, getting arrested, misunderstanding about people they're 'dating', undeniable sexual tension and a sore crotch(haha). It all sounds insane but it worked, trust me. 

I found this book funnier than both First Comes Love and Second Chance combined. First Comes Love was about letting go of the past, moving on and Second Chance was about allowing yourself to try even when it's hard and accepting the inedible. Finally, Forever didn't take itself to serious. In a way it was a beginning of a romance and growing up. It was cuter as well. It's hard to describe how I felt reading this book without spoiling it. 

Even though I love Dylan just the was she is I wanted to yell at her for not doing more about their relationship. I love her optimism, her gentle spirit and creativity but at times she could be a coward. I really can't explain it any other way. When you love someone, you should be able to do everything possible to stay by their side, not just think about yourself. She does refer Gray as the love of her life even to her parents. Gray was the real star in this book. He developed into this great guy. Hell, I'd love to date someone like him. 

In the end I do think Gray sacrificed more. It's hard to explain without spoiling everything but whoever picks the book will know what I mean. 

I'm satisfied with the ending but I  do think there could be at least one more book. We did get 3 books already. What's one more, am I right? Nothing for Katie. She can write another one, at least so I know how things are going for Lenny, if not because of Gray and Dylan. I'd gladly beg. I want to read more books with interesting, unique characters. No one's writing these book, except Katie Kacvinsky. 

1 comment:

  1. I loooooove the cover of this book! Shoelace heart...who would've thought? ;)
    Will definitely look out for this series in the future! Currently, my TBR pile is so high, it's in danger of crushing me...

    Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete